The XenDesktop Technology Preview is an early preview of the XenDesktop support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
What’s new in the Project Bruin XenDesktop Technology Preview:
- vGPU — The Graphical Processing Unit (GPU) capabilities feature provides graphics virtualization, offering a superior experience for users who use graphic-intensive applications and often manipulate 3-D models. The GPU feature also can improve the graphics experience for a large number of users. Administrators can evaluate workflows for the creation of GPU-capable connections and machine catalogs created with an MCS-provisioned master image. If problems are encountered, then Administrators may need to manually create the machines.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 support — Deliver a high-definition user experience on Windows 8.1 virtual desktops and physical machines. HDX 3D Pro has also been upgraded to support Windows 8.1. The following features and components are not supported or fully supported at this time, even though they might be mentioned in this document.
Upgrading XenDesktop is not supported, including:
- XenDesktop 7 to this XenDesktop Technology Preview.
- XenDesktop versions earlier than XenDesktop 7 to this XenDesktop Technology Preview.
- This XenDesktop Technology Preview to the final XenDesktop release.
Migrating XenDesktop is not supported, including XenDesktop 4 to this XenDesktop Technology Preview.
System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2012 R2 — This release does not support Generation 2 virtual machines.
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 R2 — Although SCCM 2012 R2 provides the same functionality as SCCM 2012 SP1, additional new features in SCCM 2012 R2 are not supported.
- vGPU is only available using XenServer (not available with other hypervisors).
- vGPU using Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 is not supported.
For a complete guide for this Tech Preview of XenDesktop vNext click here (might require a valid mycitrix.com account to download)
Click here to download XenDesktop Tech Preview (codename Bruin) (might require a valid mycitrix.com account to download)
Please note that the Bruin releases of XenDesktop is in English only!