The CVE-401-1 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution course provides students with the foundation necessary to effectively plan for and perform the tasks necessary to successfully incorporate a complete Citrix virtualization solution into a Windows Server 2008 environment. Upon course completion, students will be able to integrate key Citrix virtualization technologies, including XenServer, XenApp, Provisioning Services, and XenDesktop, to create an end-to-end virtualization solution. This hands-on curriculum includes exercises that teach students best practices for securing the environment, monitoring the different components in the environment, backing-up critical systems, and updating and patching applications and virtualized servers.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Prepare the storage NICs, resource pools, and networking configurations for a XenServer host.
- Configure Provisioning Services for the environment.
- Migrate an existing XenApp farm and provision new XenApp servers.
- Manage user personalization settings with Citrix Profile management.
- Create a master virtual desktop for XenDesktop.
- Configure Access Gateway VPX.
- Increase password security using Single Sign-on.
- Monitor the virtualized environment with Citrix EdgeSight.
- Reduce power consumption with Power and Capacity Management.
- CVE-401 English Course Description – http://training.citrix.com/mod/ctxmodviewer/view.php?mod=url&id=776