The Architecting a Citrix Virtualization Solution course teaches Citrix architects how to analyze and design a comprehensive Citrix virtualization solution. Based on the Citrix Consulting Services Methodology, the course will provide students with the key considerations for managing the project, assessing environment readiness and risks and designing the appropriate solution according to Citrix best practices. Students will gain real-world insight from the field and practice assessment and design exercises based on challenging, enterprise-level scenarios.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the phases of the Citrix Consulting Methodology and distinguish between Assessment and Design projects.
- Describe how applications can be delivered within a Citrix virtualization infrastructure.
- Identify the server performance metrics that determine whether a server is a good virtualization candidate.
- Define the purpose of the conceptual architecture diagram, documentation and validation process.
- Describe the design considerations for the Desktop Delivery Controller and Citrix XenDesktop farms.
- Identify options for providing Provisioning Services bootstrap redundancy and available network optimizations for Provisioning Services.
- Determine the appropriate network design for a XenServer implementation in an environment.
- Determine how to configure an Access Gateway implementation for an environment.
- Describe general ICA protocol optimization techniques.
- Evaluate design considerations for integrating Branch Repeater into an Access Gateway design
- CVA-500 English Course Description – http://training.citrix.com/resources/CVA-500/CVA-500-1_Course_Description.pdf