The Citrix Storage planning guide provides a list of best practices, recommendations and
performance related tips that cover the most critical areas of storage integration with Citrix XenDesktop. It is not intended as a comprehensive guide for planning and configuring storage infrastructures, nor as a storage training handbook.
Due to scope, this guide provides some device-specific information. For additional device- specific configuration, Citrix suggests reviewing the storage vendor’s documentation, the storage vendor’s hardware compatibility list, and contacting the vendor’s technical support if necessary.
The following provides a non-comprehensive list of available vendor specific reference architectures and best practice guides, which are highly recommended:
- Citrix XenServer and NetApp Storage Best Practices
- DR Solution for XenDesktop on NetApp
- EMC Infrastructure for Virtual Desktops
- HP Converged Infrastructure enterprise reference architecture for client virtualization
- Dell Virtual Remote Desktop Solution Reference Architecture
- Cisco Validated Design