In this video we will step though the creation and setup of the xenApp datastore. The database must be created ahead of time if you do not want to install SQLExpress on your XenApp Server; that would not be a great idea unless for very small solution where a single server best suits the need. I am using SQLExpress 2008R2 but on a separate machine to XenApp. SQLExpress is perfecty ok for SMB deployments of XenApp as the database should not be huge. As it is a new install we must use the SQL Server configutation manager first to enable networking protocols; only shared memory is enabled by default. For Windows authentication enable Named Pipes and TCP/IP.
Quick tip download and install SQL Express with Tools if you want to manage the server!
Next we need to start SQL Management Studio:
- Add an SQL login for your Citrix Account
- Create the database maybe CTXXA65, as different versions of XenApp will need different databases, a database name of XenApp is not ideal
- Add the SQL login as a database user for the database and assign the dbowner role, this is needed as the account will create the schema as well as data
- Make the database the default database for the SQL User
- Double check your Firewall configuration allows database connectivity